Community Block Party Trailer
Block parties are a great way to meet your neighbors, and the City of Citrus Heights wants to help neighbors connect. The new Community Block Party Trailer offered through the city’s Community Engagement Department is now available to reserve for neighborhood events. The trailer comes with everything residents need to host a gathering, including tables, chairs, a sound system, coolers, trash receptacles, lawn games, and more.
The Community Block Party Trailer is available on a first-come, first-served basis from April 1st to October 31st with a minimum of 30-day advanced reservation.
The City of Citrus Heights is thrilled to provide this Block Party Trailer as a resource to residents, neighborhood associations, and community organizations. We aim to encourage neighbors to come together, engage with each other, and help create a welcoming and safe place for everyone. The Economic Development and Community Engagement Department designed the Block Party Trailer to support neighborhoods, build relationships, and create community connections, one block at a time!
What is Included?
The Block Party Trailer comes stocked with all the essentials to host a neighborhood block party:
- Water Jug
- Drink Tubs
- Barricades and cones
- Lawn games
- Small sound system
- Trash receptacles
Eligibility – Must be a Citrus Heights:
- Neighborhood Association
- Homeowner’s Associations (HOA)
- Neighborhood Watch Group
- Community organization
Reservations must be for neighborhood and group events; private celebrations are NOT eligible
An application request DOES NOT guarantee reservation of the block party trailer! City staff will confirm all reservations via e-mail once all documentation is received (application and waiver, applicable permits, insurance, and deposit) at least 30 days before the scheduled event date.
Submitting Your Application
There are three ways to submit the application:
- E-mail: BPTrailer@citrusheights.net
- Mail: City of Citrus Heights 6360 Fountain Square Drive, Citrus Heights, CA 95621 Attn: Courtney Riddle, Management Analyst II
- Drop off at Citrus Heights City Hall reception.
A $500 refundable deposit is required to reserve the block party trailer. If the block party trailer is returned with no damage, the deposit will be returned to the neighborhood/organization that reserved the trailer.
Citrus Heights Block Party Trailer in the News!
- August 24, 2023 Citrus Heights hopes rentable "party in a box" helps bring neighborhoods together - CBS Sacramento (cbsnews.com)
- May 7, 2023 How to throw a block party in L.A. - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
- March 7, 2023 Community Block Party Trailer - Good Day Sacramento (cbsnews.com)
- February 23, 2023 Citrus Heights Block Party Trailer available for rent | abc10.com
- August 30, 2022 Citrus Heights party trailer moves forward | abc10.com