NOTICE - Starting Monday, May 4, 2020 the following services are reinstated:
|Appointment-Based Sharps Collection - Republic Services customers may call 916-638-9000 to schedule an appointment for sharps container disposal. This provides safe disposal of lancets, syringes, and other household sharps.|
|Battery and Used Oil and Filters - Household batteries can be placed in zip-top plastic bags and placed on top of the blue Recycle Cart on your regular collection day. Please tape the terminals for 9-volt and lithium batteries.|
Used Oil and filters can be placed next to your blue Recycle Cart on your regular collection. Please see www.citrusheights.net/315 for more information about how to set out used oil and filters for disposal.
|Neighborhood Clean-Up (bulky garbage pick-up) - Residents will receive the notice near their front door when their street/neighborhood is scheduled for Neighborhood Clean-Up. Customers regularly scheduled for April should watch for more information from the City of Citrus Heights and Republic Services about when your make up day will be.|
For more information, please call Republic Services at 916-638-9000.
Since August of 2006, Citrus Heights residents have been provided with neighborhood cleanup service 3 times per year for bulky item pickup. The map below shows the collection schedule. You can also click to view the map (PDF) showing each area's scheduled months for bulky waste collection.
Collection Schedule Map
Residents are notified of their exact pickup date with a door hanger 1 week before it is collected. You can also call Republic Services or the city a few days before your scheduled month for exact day information. Please remember that materials should not be set out more than 2 days before the scheduled date. This will minimize illegal dumping, piles being scattered and becoming hazards, and unwanted scavenging.
Please feel free to call Republic Services Customer Service at 916-638-9000 or 916-725-9060 for more information.
- Customer households will be notified with a door hanger 1 week before the scheduled cleanup date.
- All materials must be set out for collection by 6 a.m. on the scheduled collection date.
- Loose items must be placed in disposable containers like cardboard boxes for loose debris and large plastic bags for loose leaves.
- Only items that are allowed for collection may be set out.
- Items set out that are in violation of program guidelines or unacceptable materials may be subject to penalties.
- 10 cubic yards are allowed per pick-up.
- Appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, air conditioners) - must be placed away from pile for separate collection
- Branches (must not exceed 6 feet in length and 4 inches in diameter)
- Computers, monitors, electronics, and televisions - must be placed away from pile for separate collection
- Furniture (chairs, sofas, dining tables)
- PVC / plastic pipes (no steel pipe)
- Tires - must be placed away from pile for separate collection
- Wood (including fencing and lumber - must not exceed 6 feet in length and 4 inches in width, and fencing must be disassembled
- Automobiles or auto parts, including camper shells
- Backyard spas
- Boats or boat parts
- Bullets / shells / explosives
- Commercial or contractor waste
- Construction material (such as concrete, dirt, rocks, bricks, sheet rock, roofing material, etc.)
- Foul materials of any sort
- Household hazardous waste (such as paint, pesticides, oil, cleaning products, batteries, etc.)
- Household waste
- Liquid waste
- Medical waste
- Universal waste (such as fluorescent light bulbs or products with mercury)
Materials must be set out at the curb (not in the gutter) and must not obstruct sidewalks or roadways. Materials may not be placed:
- Next to parked vehicles (must be 6 feet from any vehicle)
- Next to garbage or recycling carts
- In ditches or on private property
- Against fences or buildings
- Blocking sidewalks or streets
- Have all of the materials you plan to discard ready to move to curbside
- Bundle up tree branches
- Make sure all appliance doors are removed for safety